Introducing version 8 - the latest impact engraving system for Graphic machines series .
Release date: February 15, 2013
Advantages of version 8
- Higher quality of engraving.
- Works 1.5 times faster than the previous version 7.2.
- Connects to computer via USB without any adapters and drivers.
- Traversal of the image contour.
- Mask image. Acceleration of work, saving of the engraving needles.
- New features. Work on the machine has become easier and more reliable.
Improving the quality of engraving
What is done in the eighth version:
Improved module and impact control algorithm. Each time the needle hits the surface, the control system generates a shock impulse in such a way as to achieve a rational use of the impact energy for both dark (weak) and light (strong) parts of the image. This approach allows you to very accurately control the size of the point on the stone (transfer more halftones), improve the accuracy of the location of points (the image will be clearer) and reduce the needle wear.
Engraving sample. Version 8, point mode, frequency 400Hz.
New methods to convert the original image to the point structure. Such methods are called “transformation to raster algorithms”. In version 8, you can choose one of three conversion algorithms.
Advantages of the eighth version:
- Version 8 precisely regulates the impact force. In version 8 in dark areas, the diameter of points on the stone is smaller. Due to precise control of the impact force, version 8 transmits more halftones.
- The eighth version provides the highest accuracy of the location of points on the stone. There are no point offsets during engraving.
Portraits miniatures. Height 75 mm. Engraved on Chinese stone.
Point mode, 0.150 mm pitch.
To demonstrate the capabilities of the eighth version, we present a photo of the engraving on a stone with high resolution. Please note - the height of the portraits is only 7 cm. To estimate the actual size, we put an engraving needle on the stone.
Version 8, amplitude mode, tile 20x30 cm, pitch 0.250 mm
And finally, in the following photo, an example of engraving is the eighth version in amplitude mode, where the transmission of halftones occurs only due to a change in the impact force.
- Version 8 transmits more halftones due to the precise adjustment of the impact force, the precise location of points on the stone and improved rasterization algorithms.
- Version 8 reduces needle wear due to accurate calculation and rational use of the impact pulse.
- Simultaneously with the quality improvement, the speed increased by more than 1.5 times.
Version 8 engraves images in the point and amplitude modes at a frequency of 400 beats per second. In the combined mode, the engraving speed also increased 1.5 times due to the appearance of new modes.
USB connection to computer
The machine with version 8 is connected to the computer using a standard USB cable. No driver installation is required on the computer.
Preliminary image traversal along the contour
Before you start engraving it is better to make sure in advance that the image fits into a shaped stone or into a blank-oval. For this purpose, in the eighth version there is a function to traverse the image around the contour.
Fig.1. Full image
Fig.2. Mask highlighted face.
Fig.3. Inversion mask.
Do you want to speed up work and reduce needle wear? It can be done like this:
a) First, engrave a full portrait in one pass (Fig. 1). Then, by repeated passage, only engrave the face highlighted by the mask (Fig. 2).
b) First, only engrave the face with a sharp needle (Fig. 2). Then change the sharp needle to the worn out one and engrave the rest of the portrait (fig.3). Save engraving needles.
In mask mode, you can use both methods.
Using a mask, it is easy to select a fragment of any shape in the picture and even several fragments, for example, two faces separately in a double portrait. The mask is created in the Adobe Photoshop program by simply painting in black an unnecessary background on the picture. The mask is easily transferred to the Engrave program by copying and pasting through the clipboard (pressing only three buttons - <Ctrl-A>, <Ctrl- (Shift) -C> in Photoshop) or( <Ctrl-V> in Engrave). The mask in the Engrave program can be turned on and off by simply pressing a button.
The advantages of using the mask:
1. When you overlay a mask layer, the order of the points on the picture in the dot mode does not change! Now it is possible to engrave the full image during the first pass, and only the selected fragment, for example, the face, will be engraved on the second pass.
2. If in the Photoshop program you draw the mask with a soft-edged brush, the edges of the mask selected in the Engrave program will be smooth. As a result, no abrupt transition will appear when re-engraving a selected fragment.
3. The Engrave program can automatically finish the entire image on the first pass, and when repeated, only the fragment highlighted by the mask can be engraved.
4. The command of mask inversion transfers the image (fig.2) into the picture (fig.3) and back, with one click of abutton. To save the engraving tool , it is possible to engrave the face with a sharp needle, and the rest of the portrait with a worn needle - see option (b) above.
- New combined modes 0.250A, 0.300A, 0.350A, 0.400A.
- You can set the number of passes of the line from 1 to 4.
- Continuation of work from the interrupted place.
- Ability to start engraving from selected line, even when the zero point of the machine is turned off.
- Security indents in the setting mode of the picture on the stone (<F8> button).
- Create a test color wedge (gradient) in the Engrave program .
- You can pause and continue engraving on the machine control panel by pressing the <D> button.
- You can change the impact strength of A2 / Amax in the Engrave program directly in the Material panel with the <F7> key.